Waiting for a Permit

For the past couple of days I have been staying in Kathmandu, resting and recuperating, while waiting for a new permit to allow me back into Tibet. Iswari, my agent, is hopeful this should happen within a couple of days. When you leave Tibet your old permit expires, so you cannot re-enter without a new one. The China Tibet Mountaineering Association (CTMA) has to apply on my behalf, to Beijing, for this new permit.

Since leaving hospital I am feeling much better and with the medication I have been given I haven’t experienced any more pain. I even managed to play a game of tennis yesterday with some friends I met last year when staying in Kathmandu.

If and when I get my new permit, I am therefore hopeful that I will be able to attempt a summit bid with the rest of my team.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s